Communicators’ Forum: Events
“BIG DATA, BIG DEAL?"
With Jason Simon, Vice President and Partner at SimpsonScarborough
September 24, 2014 • 8–10 a.m. • Blau Auditorium, Ross School of Business
Marketing communications in higher education is maturing. As universities face more challenges or desire to continue their positive momentum, knowing how to best put data to use can be a critical part of your university, college or departmental strategy.
Please join us for this informative session, featuring special guest Jason Simon who will share his thoughts on how to best use data and market-informed strategies to:
- Build a case (and budget) for your efforts
- Inform and establish your strategies
- Set and determine key metrics to measure ROI
- Help define the right paid media strategies
- And make it all stick with leadership
Morning refreshments will be served from 8-8:30 a.m. Presentation will start promptly at 8:30 a.m.
We hope to see you there!
Want to know more about a particular communications topic? Join one of the Communicators' Forum specialty sub-groups, led by marketing and creative professionals from around the University.
The sub-groups meet once a quarter, and allow you to connect with U-M employees with similar interests. You'll also get exposure into best practices on campus, and be able to share resources, strategies, and tactics with your colleagues.
There are five groups to choose from. Attend one, two, or all!
Presentations from past events
Did you miss an event? We’ve got you covered. You can now download a PDF of any of this year’s presentations. We’ve also included contact names for fellow communicators, which we hope you’ll take advantage of to connect with and tap into the vast and deep expertise that exists on our campus.
- July 2014 - Transitions in Leadership (PDF, 17.1MB)
- May 2014 - Shortening the Digital Cycle (PDF, 74.6MB)
- Mar. 2014 - Taking the 'Shiny' our of Social (PDF, 13.1MB)
- Jan. 2014 - Think Big, Think Global (PDF, 92.8 MB)
- Oct. 2013 - Behind the Campaign Curtain (PPT, 1.11 GB)
- May. 2013 - United We Brand (PDF, 13.5 MB)
- Feb. 2013 – History and Heritage (PDF, 151 MB)
- Nov. 2012 – Managing the News (PDF, 19 MB)
- Oct. 2012 – Making Research Relevant (PDF, 23 MB)
- Sept. 2012 – Looking Back Looking Ahead (PDF, 17 MB)